MBUSI Team Members & On-Site Partners Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information & Resources
To: MBUSI Team Members and On-Site Partners:
As always, we want to ensure that all Team Members have a healthy and safe work environment. We continue to monitor the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) both through our local efforts and in alignment with a Daimler Task Force and the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH). Here are other current measures we have implemented, as well as tips and resources to help you stay healthy.
Local Covid-19 Vaccination Locations Below:
Currently most Vaccinations are available with no waiting period
Find specific COVID-19 Vaccines Near You at- Vaccines.gov
CVS Pharmacy - COVID Vaccine Registration
DCH Health System - COVID Vaccine Registration
MainStreet Family Care - COVID Vaccine Registration
Publix - COVID Vaccine Registration (also accepting walk-ins)
UAB Medicine - COVID Vaccine Registration
Walmart -COVID Vaccine Registration
Sam’s Club -COVID Vaccine Registration
Walgreens - COVID Vaccine Registration
COVID-19 vaccine information for you and your family
- CDC Vaccine Information for you and your family - click here>>
MBUSI team members on-site COVID-19 Rapid Testing services & schedule
Click here for Team Member COVID-19 Rapid Testing Schedule (MBUSI & ONIN Only)>>
Click here for Team Member COVID-19 'Drive Thru' Testing Form (MBUSI & ONIN Only) >>
Note: Rapid Testing will take place at the tent & trailer in Plant 1 Parking lot. Team Members, to speed up the process, please download, print and fill-out the "COVID-19 Drive Thru Testing Form" above in advance. If you have any questions, Call the MBUSI medical office COVID-19 Hotline at 205-507-2561.
MBUSI household quarantine documentation requirements
MBUSI dependents on-site COVID-19 Rapid Testing services & schedule
Click here for Dependent Team Member COVID-19 Rapid Testing Schedule and Instructions - click here>>
Note: Dependents must call the MBUSI medical office at 205-507-2561 to set up an appointment at our Drive Thru Testing area in the Plant 1 Parking Lot.
What are MBUSI’s primary goals?
- Keep Team Members healthy and safe.
- Keep Team Members informed.
- Sustain business operations.
what should i do if I think i have the coronavirus?
What should managers and supervisors be doing now?
Frequent communication with your direct reports is very important.
- Encourage employees to adhere to CDC guidance to avoid respiratory infections
- Follow current CDC guidance for businesses:
- Wear your mask properly and encourage sick employees or employees with sick family members to stay home.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Perform routine environmental cleanings of workstations and workplace
- Encourage employees to follow CDC guidelines for travel.
- Send sick employees home. (You have this authority.)
NOTE: If you send a sick Team Member home, please contact HR and Disability Management/Medical Health Management for guidance on managing subsequent absences and time coding.
What is mbusi's DOMESTIC & international travel policy DURING COVID-19 & What is required to travel?
All business travel has been reduced to a minimum and only essential business trips will be considered. All MBUSI Team Members traveling internationally must be full vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to travel. Immediate supervisors must fill out the updated "MBUSI COVID-19 Travel Authorization 2021 Form" and obtain the necessary signatures based on the type of travel.
All business essential travelers must educate themselves on local guidelines and restrictions before traveling and adjust travel plans accordingly. These guidelines are subject to change on a daily basis with or without notice. Please check for updated guidelines issued by your destination or departing sites before traveling as a print-out of your travel documents might contain outdated information.
how to select, wear, and clean your mask properly
Masks are now part of our PPE (personal protective equipment). Please wear your mask properly to keep yourself and others safe. For why and how to wear your mask - << please read this information on mask safety from the CDC>>
How to Wear:
-Wear a mask correctly and consistently to help keep from getting or spreading the virus.
-Be sure to wash your hands before putting on a mask.
-Do NOT touch the mask when wearing it.
Do wear a mask that:
- Covers your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
- Fits snugly against the sides of your face
What is Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Doing to prepare if this gets better or worse?
As the CDC updates recommendations, we will be implementing these in conjunction with current pandemic planning. Business units are reviewing and updating current pandemic plans.