Mercedes Tech Program: Bevill & Wallace State
BEVILL STATE – SUMITON WALLACE STATE – HANCEVILLE
The Mercedes Tech application is available for anyone to apply.
Application Period is OPEN NOW for the 2022 Class
- The Mercedes TECH program is a 5 semester school and work program.
- Starting pay for 1st working semester is $17 per hour. Pay increases at 3rd and 5th semester.
- Paid for hours worked in production and training at the training center.
- Mercedes Tech shirts are provided as well as any safety materials that may be required.
Click the “APPLY THROUGH BEVILL STATE OR WALLACE STATE” button at the bottom of this column.
Clicking on the link will take you to the AIDT website and it will ask you to set up an account.
Once you have set up your account, you’ll need to leave the website and return to this page on the MBUSI.com website and click the blue “APPLY…” button again.
NOTE: When completing the application, please make sure that your contact information is correct. AIDT, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc., Bevill State and Wallace State Community Colleges communicate primarily by email.
NOTE: This does not complete the enrollment process for college. You must complete the remaining enrollment steps by visiting the respective school’s admissions page.
Bevill State Community College
phone: (800) 648-3271
Sumiton campus: ext 5201
Hamilton campus: ext 5385
website: Admissions page
Wallace State Community College
phone: (256) 352-8461
website: Admissions page
Wait for an email response from AIDT.
Once you have completed the application for the Mercedes Tech Co-op Program and you have met the qualifications to apply, you will be placed in a pool of applicants to be invited to an assessment.
AIDT will contact you in order to schedule your assessment.
The assessment will take place at AIDT, 6 Mercedes Drive, Vance, AL. This is our training facility located next to our Visitor Center adjacent to the plant.
The invitation will arrive in your email.
IMPORTANT: Please monitor your spam/junk email inboxes and/or add “@sheltonstate.edu” to your approved email senders list to ensure that you don’t miss their email(s)!
The first assessment will take approximately 1 day to complete.
Once your first assessment has been completed, your scoring information will be sent to the Mercedes-Benz Human Resources Dept.
Depending upon your assessment result, you will either advance to the interview precess or receive an email notification stating that you did not meet the criterion to advance. If your assessment results indicate that you qualify for advancement, you will be contacted by a representative from Mercedes-Benz U.S. International to schedule an interview.
The interview will take place at AIDT, the same facility where the first assessment was administered, and will take approximately 45 minutes and you will be required to bring your high school/college transcripts.
The interview is the final step in the process.
If successful, you will be placed in a pool of candidates for selection into the Mercedes Tech Program.
ACT WorkKeys is also part of the selection process. ACT WorkKeys is a job skills assessment and we require individual scores from 3 main assessment areas, which are: applied math, workplace documents, and graphic literacy. For this assessment, your contact information will be sent to the applicable Community College and they will contact you in order to schedule your ACT WorkKeys assessment.
All offers to join the Mercedes Tech program will be extended through our staffing agency at North American On-Site.
The program consists of 5 semesters of school and work.
All students will be working in the assembly production area and also participating in training in assembly repair and at the Mercedes Benz Training Center.
Your benefits will include the tuition and fees assistance provided by Mercedes-Benz and the value of obtaining a quality education from either Bevill State or Wallace State Community College. Other benefits include: paid work hours, team wear, safety shoes and any other safety gear that is needed to perform your job.
All students are responsible for their portion of the tuition and fees and for any books that may be required. Please see “TUITION AND FEES SUPPORT FROM MBUSI” section (below).
- All candidates should review the details of the program.
- The 5 terms of instruction are back-to-back and the amount of work will be limited while attending school.
- All students will be expected to rotate shifts.
- All students will be expected to be present and on time at school and work.
- All students must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- All students will be required to work their regular scheduled hours at work, which also includes any overtime that may be scheduled.
The program is 2 years in length. All candidates should consider this before applying. This takes commitment. The program guidelines state that Mercedes-Benz will offer full time employment to the top percent of those students that successfully complete the program within a certain GPA range.
TUITION AND FEES SUPPORT FROM MBUSI:
The above tuition and fees assistance is dependent upon the student maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- If you maintain a 3.0 and above GPA, Mercedes-Benz increases the support!
- Potentially, 100% of your tuition and fees could be paid by Mercedes-Benz!
BEGIN YOUR CAREER WITH MERCEDES-BENZ BY CLICKING THE BLUE BUTTON BELOW.
- Learn and Earn program consisting of 5 semesters of college and work.
- Gain valuable hands-on experience during your working semesters at the plant.
- An opportunity for full-time employment with Mercedes-Benz is possible for any co-op student that successfully completes the course of study with at least a 3.0 GPA and receives a successful work evaluation.
- Top percent of students will be assessed to work in our Assembly repair area based on need. Other students will go into Assembly production.