Mercedes-Benz Production Cell Operator Technical Program
Cell Operator Positions AT Mercedes-Benz. full-time employment OFFERED at its operation in Vance, Alabama.
Applicant must have a certificate or degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Industrial Electronics (ILT)
- Electrical Technology (ELT)
- Robotics Technology
- Industrial Maintenance (INT)
- Automotive Manufacturing (AUT)
- Advanced Manufacturing (ADM)
- Engineering Technology (TY)
- Successful completion of an assessment through AIDT
- Successful interview
- Successful background check, drug screen and physical
- Work in a team environment.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of both electrical and mechanical-related automated/robotic systems.
- Load and install vehicle parts throughout the body or paint process, following standard methods and procedures.
- Utilize a high level of analytical skill to find solutions to difficult technical problems, using electronic systems and computer-based systems.
- Must work rotating shifts and weekends as required.
Preferred education and experience:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with robotic systems.
- Experience with PLC systems.
- Experience with mechanical systems repair.
- Degree in above disciplines.
Starting pay is $17.00 per hour.
- Healthcare, including free on-site and off-site clinics. Holiday, Vacation, Emergency time off.
- On-site Child Care Center and Wellness Center.
- 401K, including company match and annual defined contribution.
- Company provided tools and Mercedes-Benz teamwear.
- Mercedes-Benz vehicle lease and purchase programs.
- Educational assistance programs.
- Monthly perfect attendance bonus.
- Annual Team Share bonus.
Application and selection process:
Open enrollment for the Cell Operator position will begin August 16, 2019.
PLEASE click on the link below to begin your application process:
- Click Here to begin your application process through Alabama Industrial Development & Training (AIDT).
- Top qualified candidates will be invited to the training center for an assessment administered by AIDT.
- Top candidates will be invited for an interview with MBUSI. College transcript is required at interview.
Frequently asked questions:
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED IF I’M SELECTED?
If you’re selected for the program, you will be notified by e-mail. (Make sure your email address is kept updated.)
WHAT AREA WILL I BE IN WHEN I FINISH?
For those who go into the Cell Operator role, those jobs are in our Body and Paint shops.
IF I’M A CURRENT FULL TIME CONTRACTOR AT MBUSI, CAN I APPLY FOR THE CELL OPERATOR POSITION.
All external candidates are currently eligible to apply if they meet the above position requirements.
WILL THIS CELL OPERATOR ROLE LEAD TO A MAINTENANCE POSITION?
This program will not lead to a position in the maintenance area.
IS THIS A TEMPORARY/CONTINGENT WORKFORCE POSITION?
This is a full time direct hire position.
DOES THIS POSITION OFFER BENEFITS?
Yes, Please see above.